20151210

BBQ Chicken - Korea's No. 1 Chicken Restaurant

Old logo
 vs

New logo

I am the kind of person that will judge a book by it's cover and judge a restaurant by it's logo. Look at the old one... does not look inviting at all. The new one looks fresh and cool. I immediately walk into the almost empty restaurant.


We ordered the Korean Charbroiled Chicken and Gangjeong Chicken Lunch Set with complementary drinks. The set comes with Korean style fried rice and salad.
I never knew that this is a Korean restaurant. I always thought it's a middle eastern fusion place. Turns out, it's Dayang favourite place. She is so into anything (South) Korean, in fact, she's in Korea right now, so, I assume it must be good although I was a bit skeptical.

When our food arrived, I tried the fried rice first and I was blown away. Okay I'm exaggerating - but if you like nasi goreng benyek, mushy and sticky - the kind that you will get if you don't wait until the rice cool down before frying it; you will most probably love this. I like the chicken too. Gangjeong chicken is marinated with some kind of sweet sauce and it's so delicious.

Gangjeong chicken

Charbroiled chicken
The one thing I regret was the Korean tea. I don't know why I ordered it. I guess I wanted a hot drink but it was bland I ended up adding some ice to it so it'll taste like plain water. The other drink was pink guava which tastes so much better.

Food wise and service wise, BBQ Chicken is excellent but they really need to consider buying new furniture or at least fix the torn seats.



BBQ Chicken that we visited is located at Lot G16, Aeon Bukit Indah, Johor Bahru. Visit their website for more info.

Post a Comment