20150225

Arabian Nights @ Plaza Pelangi

When I was younger, my easy choice was nasi ayam. Now, I prefer nasi arab or nasi ayam penyet. 

There's this one week where I was craving for nasi arab so badly. The first day I went to three or four restaurants and they were all closed, so I went to Kapten Steamboat & Grill instead.

The next day I went to the same restaurants and few other... surprise, surprise... they were all CLOSED!! I was about to quit but was reminded about the restaurant at Plaza Pelangi. Surely it's not closed kan since it's located inside a shopping complex. So, yeah, that's how I end up having dinner at Arabian Nights.






As soon as we enter the restaurant, it smells of fresh naan. I instantly made a mental note to order naan. And then we were presented with the menu. The price was reasonable. Nice waiters, very polite. We ordered kabsa lamb, mendi chicken, and naan. I also ordered raita, a yogurt mixed with salt and pepper that can be eaten as dip (for the naan) or by itself.

What's unique about the food was different rice was served with different side dishes. Not the usual salsa/ sambal. 

Raita was interesting. Sour because of the yogurt paired with the salt and pepper kinda works. I wouldn't mind eating here again. But in Johor Bahru my favourite nasi arab will always be at Al Hanin

Something weird happened though... we went home with a heavy head and we suspect it's the lamb or something in the rice. Or maybe it's just us.


Salt & Pepper Raita
Naan



Arabian Nights is located at Level 1, Plaza Pelangi right next to Nando's.

Post a Comment