20140324

The Runaway Jury - John Grisham


I've seen a movie with the same title but it's not about tobacco company, cigarettes and stuff, the movie was about firearms. Turns out, the movie was based on this novel. Same characters and plot just a different issue.

This book will keep you guessing. It's not much about whose verdict it's gonna be, I was sure the plaintiff will get what they want but I want to know how it will happen - how Nicholas Easter will sway the juries votes.

I am definitely on the defense side, I don't think when you get cancer you should blame the tobacco companies. You smoke at your own risk. It's your choice. It's not like anybody forced you to. 

Personal opinion (about the issue) aside, The Runaway Jury is an excellent read and it made me miss being in law school. I love how the writer develop the characters and build the plot. I don't quite like the ending, it feels like anti-climax to the already brilliant story.

Beli di Popular.
Post a Comment