20130916

Yuna-fied at Istana Budaya

It took me awhile to write this post. I'm still trying to figure out what I actually felt during the show. I've seen her live before, the most recent was at Urbanscapes 2012. Almost a year ago. Now it's time for Yuna and the National Symphony Orchestra at Istana Budaya. So what's different?

Yuna is Yuna and she will always be her amazing self. I was excited for this especially because it's my first time at Istana Budaya. I've really looked forward to this. Bought the tickets within an hour after it was released and I'm glad I did because it was a sold out show. We had one of the best seats, albeit being too near to the stage, we were right at the middle. Definitely the greatest view if your only concern is about seeing Yuna and you don't mind not having the full view of the stage.

I love the fact that she sings with her emotions and brings out the character for each songs. You can feel the despair in Decorate, Lullabies, Penakut. The playfulness in Lelaki. Coffee, Deeper Conversation and her cover of I Miss You brought me somewhere else... those were my favourites after all and I was so immersed in the whole surrounding

Apart from her beautiful voice, I let myself soak in the gorgeous dresses and the lovely orchestra. I'm happy with the song list but I wish for more. More songs, more wardrobe changes, more orchestra, if it's possible.

The show was great. You can't help but to feel amazed by her even if you're not a fan and you've never really listened to her songs before. Being there with my favourite people and meeting up with old friends made my night even more meaningful.

Yuna is definitely a world class singer and I hope I'll be able to see her sing live again and again and again, maybe in a more casual occasions. An unplugged concert maybe?

Here's to Yunalis Zarai. The girl who's living her dream.

Yuna Istana Budaya
Forced to pose >:)

Yuna Istana Budaya

Yuna Istana Budaya

Yuna Istana Budaya

Yuna Istana Budaya
Standing ovation

Yuna Istana Budaya

Post a Comment